Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How Awesome Highlighter is Awesome!


Awesome Highlighter is a website that people can use for research papers, articles, or anything (that the name implies) that you may want to highlight. When you visit the website you sign up for an account and then you recieve your own place to make yourself a profile. Once you have done this you are ready to start highlighting. If you are doing a research paper, getting information to write an article, or something you would like to keep to show to friends or family, you can keep the information by right clicking on the URL and pasting it on the highlighter page, and what this does is make a copy of the URL, so you can run the computerized highlighter across what information you want to stand out. What this does is it turns the highlighted words yellow as if you ran a highlighter across an actual printed page. The after you are done you can save the finish URL so you go to the website anytime and look at what you have done.

Awesome Highlighter from jon on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. I recently used Awesome Highlighter for a research paper and I loved it. I'm one of those people who finds in hard to read long articles on the computer so I would always print out the articles and highlight the parts I wanted to use. The Awesome Highlight was great because I could highlight the article right on the computer which made it easier for me to read. It also allows you to use different color highlighters which is great for keeping different ideas separate. I plan on using it again in the future because it saved me a lot of money and time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the awesome highlighter is...well...pretty awesome. As an english education major, I have to write a lot of papers, which means gathering a boatload of sources. This would certainly help me keep track of what information I have, what information I need, and where to find it at a glance. Good instructions on how to use the highlighter.

    ReplyDelete